Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Thanksgiving Menu

I'm really serving my Thanksgiving menu on Friday night, instead of Thursday. Pretty standard practice here among the ex-pats, I think!

Here's what I think I'm making:

Vegetable soup (heavy on the carrots, since they are 2 NIS/kg at mega!)

Roasted Turkey Legs

Pomegranate Chicken

Grilled fennel (in my stove top grill pan) (2 NIS/kg at mega!)

Roasted potatoes (2 NIS/kg at mega!)

Stuffed peppers (green peppers are on sale for 2 NIS/kg at mega!) - stuffed with rice and vegetable pilaf

Breaded Eggplant with tomato sauce (eggplant is on sale for 2 NIS/kg at mega!)

Avocado - my kids like them plain, and all the ones that were left from that sale a couple of weeks ago are suddenly ripe!

So - in short, our Thanksgiving dinner is a celebration of all the local in season produce I can find!

1 comment:

  1. I think pizza baguettes and soup make a good Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for commenting on Frugal and Kosher! From now on, all comments are moderated, because of the unfortunate prevalence of spammy comments. Thanks for understanding!